Warm Salad of Lamb fillet and roasted butternut squash matched with Parker Coonawarra Estate Shiraz 2012
Ingredients - SERVES TWO
- 4 Lamb fillets
- ½ butternut squash, 1cm dice
- 2 breakfast radishes
- ¼ cup pinenuts, toasted
- 20 pitted black olives, sliced across
- handful basil leaves
- olive oil
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Sea salt
- 25ml balsamic vinegar
- 75 ml olive oil
Lamb fillets are very tender and cook quickly so you will only need to seal them around the outside with good colour and by the time this is done they should be cooked nicely.
- Place the diced butternut into a hot pan with oil, cook over medium heat and caramelize the outside and until soft in the centre, reserve in a bowl on the side.
- Season and oil the lamb fillets, over high heat and sear for 2 minutes each side then rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the hazelnuts and olives in half. Now cut the radish into wedges.
- Place the butternut, radish, pine nuts, olives, basil and hazelnuts into a bowl, season well and dress with the balsamic vinaigrette last minute, place into the center of the plate and add the sliced lamb and fresh basil on top.