Herb Roasted chicken, grilled asparagus matched with Mills Reef Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 1 chicken, halved and rib cage bones removed
- sea salt
- few sprigs of thyme
- few sprigs of rosemary
- 50g butter
- rice bran oil
- 10 spears of asparagus
- 60ml Mills Reef sauvignon blanc
- 80ml chicken stock
- 40g butter, cold diced
The chicken would be great marinated the day before or when cooking on the BBQ would work well. If you don’t have asparagus green beans or broccoli would work well.
- Rub the chicken in olive oil and then chopped thyme and rosemary, season with sea salt.
- Colour the ½ chickens in a frying pan until golden all over, then finish by placing in a 160’ oven for 15 -18 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water.
- To make the sauce, reduce the sauvignon by half then add the chicken stock and reduce by half again, whisk in the diced butter then season with salt and add the chives.
- Carve the chicken and lay on the plate with asparagus, pour the sauce over the top.