Fillet of beef wrapped in parma ham, mushrooms a la creme matched with Chakana Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 2 x 250g Beef fillet
- 4 slices Parma ham
- Rice bran oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Shitake, quartered
- 1 Shallots, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 100ml cream
- 2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
- Parsley, few picked leaves
Resting time will retain the moisture in the meat. You could use any mushrooms here so buy whatever is available to you. If you are cooking for more people you could wrap a larger piece of beef fillet this way, it works really well.
- Lay out a large piece of glad wrap on a bench, then lay 2 pieces of parma ham out on top over lapping lengthways.
- Place the beef fillet on one end and then gently roll so that the parma ham is wrapped around the fillet. Then wrap in glad wrap and place in the fridge for an hour just to set the shape.
- Remove the glad wrap from the beef, place the fillets in a hot pan with rice bran oil, seal all around the outside gently then place in a 180’oven for about 8 minutes turning once.
- Take out and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a small pan and sweat the mushrooms down until tender, add the shallots and the garlic and keep cooking until soft, add the cream, reduce by half, season then add the parsley and chives.
- Lay the mushroom mix in a plate and then carve the beef in half and place on top, season with sea salt.