Beef spare ribs with black bean and spice matched with Mr Mick shiraz 2011
Ingredients - SERVES EIGHT
- 2kg beef spare ribs, cut 2cm thick across the bone
- 20g garlic, crushed
- 80 g black beans in chili oil
- 200ml light soy sauce
- 180g brown sugar
- 250ml beef stock
- 150ml water
- ½ cup spring onion, sliced
- ½ cup picked parsley, picked leaves
- sea salt
Keep an eye on the ribs during the cooking process, turn them if necessary and if they start to dry out just top up with a little more water.
- Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes, skim all the time then drain off.
- Mix together in a bowl the garlic, black beans, soy, sugar beef stock and water. Place the ribs in a large flat roasting tray and then pour the liquid over. The ribs should be covered.
- Wrap the tray in tin foil then bake in a oven at 160’ for about 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and check seasoning, season with sea salt if necessary.
- Serve in a large plate with parsley and spring onion along the top.