Braised lamb shoulder, lyonnaise onions and thyme matched with Soho Revolver 2012
Ingredients - SERVES 2/3
- 1 oyster cut Lamb shoulder
- lamb or beef stock to cover
- rice bran oil
- sea salt
- 3 white onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. thyme, picked leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 3 anchovies
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black olives, halved
- fresh thyme
You can roast the lamb initially for 25 minutes in a 200’ oven if you prefer to get the colour, then add the stock, cover and proceed as per the recipe, as long as you get nice golden colour you will get the great flavor.
- Season the lamb with sea salt then sear in a hot fry pan with a little rice bran oil.
- Place into a oven tray and cover with hot stock. Seal the tray with tin foil and cook at 130 degrees for 4.5 hours or until falling off the bone.
- In a large heavy based pan cook the onions in olive oil, when they start to caramelize add in the remaining ingredients and cook until the liquid has completely reduced.
- When the lamb is cooked place it in a large pan add ½ cup of the stock and baste over high heat.
- Top the shoulder with the hot lyonnaise onions and fresh halved black olives.
- Place onto a plate pour and over the sauce. Garnish with fresh thyme.