Goats cheese salad with crispy buckwheat and french dressing matched with Shingle Peak Reserve Pinot Gris 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 60g goats cheese, crumbled
- 2 baby, Cos broken into leaves
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 1 cup Buckwheat
- 2 breakfast Radish, finely sliced
- 120ml olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 45ml white wine vinegar
- 5g dijon mustard
- 5g honey
The dressing should be well seasoned so don’t over season the salad, but do be very generous with the dressing and also the crispy buckwheat, that is what makes this salad great.
- Blanch buckwheat for 12 -15 minutes in boiling water until cooked, dry them then deep fry and season with sea salt.
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together, season to taste.
- Break the cos leaves in a bowl and add the finely sliced radishes and spinach leaves, dress with the dressing and lightly season.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl then sprinkle with crumbled goats cheese and the crispy buckwheat.