Trevally sashimi with chilli and lime matched with Shingle Peak Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - Serves Two
- 150g Trevally, skinned and pin boned
- 15g Japanese mayonnaise
- ½ Cup coriander leaves, micro or normal
- Sriracha chilli sauce or similar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Chilli flakes
This is a go to dish for me for any night of the week, very simple and healthy and can be knocked up in no time, it is all about the fish so buy great fish from somewhere you trust
- To make the lime dressing blend together all of the ingredients, leave to steep for 30 minutes then strain the lime juice through and save as dressing. Discard the pulp.
- Remove any excess blood lines and skin off the fish, then slice across the fillet into nice thin slices laying neatly on a plate as you go.
- Place a small dot of the mayonnaise on each piece of fish.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil and season with sea salt, then dress with the lime dressing.
- Finish with the chilli sauce and then chilli flakes if you like it hot. Garnish with coriander leaves.