Roast Lamb rump with harissa, tomato and coriander matched with the Akarua Rua Pinot Noir 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 2 Lamb Rumps
- Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- ½ Tsp. Coriander Seed, ground
- ½ Cup Harissa paste
- ½ Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ Cup Water
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Parsley
I find the rump is best served medium, you could use rack or chops as well here though cooked on the bbq. Harissa paste is fairly easy to find and if you want more heat use chilli flakes or fresh chillies.
- Sweat the onion, garlic and coriander seeds in butter. When the onions are soft add in the harissa, capsicum, sweat until tender.
- Add in the tomatoes and water, cook until a thick consistency.
- Blitz with stick blender to a nice even consistency and season to taste.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Score the fat of the lamb rump, Season and place fat side down into a hot cast iron pan with a little oil.
- Render down the fat over a medium heat. When golden and crispy turn over and place into oven, cook for 8-10 minutes until desired degree of cooking, take out and let rest at ambient temperature for 10 minutes.
- Plate the sauce first then add the sliced lamb rump on top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.