Pork chop with new potatoes and wholegrain mustard vinaigrette Whitehaven Marlborough Pinot Gris 2013
Ingredients - serves one
- 1 Pork Chop, rind removed
- Canola oil
- 220g New potatoes peeled
- 45ml Chardonnay vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 100ml Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
The pork chops can often be hard to colour all over because of the bone so move it around the pan, tip the pan on the side if need be just work it so you get good colour, that is where the flavor is. The potato salad can be made earlier, pour the mustard vinaigrette over the warm sliced potatoes, this will allow the flavor to soak in.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Panfry the Pork chop until golden on all sides, Place into the oven and finish cooking. Total time should be around 15 minute depending on the size.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water, season with salt and bring to a boil, cook until tender.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard and honey in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and stir in the chopped herbs.
- Slice the potatoes and dress in the honey mustard and serve along side the chop.