Prawn Linguini with garlic, parsley and basil matched with SOHO Stella Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - serves one
- 1/2 Packet dried Linguini
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, sliced into slivers
- 8 prawns, shelled
- Sea Salt
- Handful Basil, torn
- Handful Parsley, torn
Don’t overcook the pasta, you can cook it a little further once it is mixed with the prawns and chilli if need be, in fact it will help bind your sauce better. It may take up to ½ a cup of the blanching water during the end process and as always don’t be shy on the herbs.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta al dente.
- Save ½ cup of the blanching water for next stage.
- In a separate pan fry the chilli and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Reduce to a medium heat and add in the prawns, continue until almost cooked.
- Remove from the heat and add in pasta and some of the water until the correct consistency.
- Season and toss together with half of the torn basil and parsley.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and basil.