Crispy squid with Szechuan pepper and lemon mayo matched with SOHO White Collection Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 3 Squid tubes, scored and cut into triangles
- Corn flour to dust
- Canola oil
- Sea Salt
- 2 Limes, 1 sliced, 1 zest
- 1 Red chilli, fine dice
- ½ Spring onion, sliced
- ½ tsp. Szechuan pepper ground
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Fresh coriander
Score the squid well, this will help with tenderizing and curling up when cooking. If you don’t have a deep fryer you can use ½ cup of oil and a wok for the 1st fry, but just be careful using that amount of hot oil.
- Dry off the squid then dust in the corn flour, shake off any excess then deep-fry at 180 degrees for 30-40 seconds until crispy.
- Drain well on a paper towel.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add in chilli, when fragrant, add in the squid.
- Fry until nice and crispy.
- Season with sea salt, Szechuan pepper and lime zest.
- Combine the lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Serve on the side with lime wedges and fresh coriander.