Crispy Snapper mini burgers matched with Crossroads Milestone Series Hawkes Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 200g Snapper fillet, skin on
- Canola oil
- 4 mini burger buns
- Olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. Black beans in chilli
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Avocado crushed
- Sea Salt
The black bean and chilli can be bought from any good Asian mart, we use it in a lot of ways at home. It can be spicy so look out. Add lime if you like a little acid with your fish. Kids will love these if you don’t make them too spicy.
- Cut the buns in half, brush with olive oil and toast both sides of the bun.
- Combine the mayonnaise and black beans in chili.
- Score the snapper skin and season the fillets. Cut into appropriate size for the burger bun.
- Heat some canola oil in a non-stick pan. Place the snapper skin side down and cook over low heat until cooked with out turning.
- To assemble the burgers place 1 Tbsp. of crushed avocado on the base.
- Top with cos lettuce then with black bean mayonnaise and finally fish. Top with the lid and serve.