Crispy skin salmon with basil, wilted greens and wasabi matched with Sacred Hill Marlborough Pinot Gris 2013
Ingredients - serves one
- 160g salmon, skin on, pin boned
- Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 5 Brocolini cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. peas
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- 1-2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. wasabi paste
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves torn
- Avocado oil
If you are using wasabi paste as per the recipe don’t be afraid of adding a little bit extra at the end, the flavor of the wasabi has a habit of diluting during the cooking process so if you do want a nice heat don’t be shy with it.
- Score and season the salmon skin. Cook, skin side down in a medium hot pan.
- Pan fry until the skin becomes golden and crispy. Turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Sauté the brocolini in butter, add the peas and garlic then 1-2 Tbsp. water. Cook until evaporated, lastly add wasabi paste and torn basil.
- Season and place onto the plate.
- Top with salmon, and drizzle over avocado oil.