Aged beef sirloin with roasted carrots and salsa verde matched with Sacred Hill Merlot Cabernet 2012
Ingredients - serves one
- 300g beef sirloin
- Canola oil
- 6-10 medium carrots
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1 Garlic clove finely diced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Capers
- 1 handful Basil finely diced
- 1 large handful Parsley finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Lemon, zested
The key to these delicious carrots is long and slow so start with a nice even heat and slowly caramelize them by rolling them in the pan, it also helps to bring out the sweetness.
- In a bowl combine everything for the salsa verde and set aside.
- Season the steak and cook in a pan over medium heat until desired degree. Rest in ambient temp for 5 -10 mins.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, add a little canola oil then carrots.
- Slowly cook turning often until tender. Serve the steak and garnish with the carrots, salsa verde and fresh parsley.