Pan fried snapper with brussel sprouts, garlic and Pancetta matched with Crossroads Milestone Series Chardonnay 2013
Ingredients - serves one
- 160g Portion of snapper
- 1 Cup Brussels sprout shredded
- 60g Smoked pancetta, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. Onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. Cream
- Sea Salt
Brussels sprout cooked like this are amazing. Slice them in half 1st, then slice them nice and evenly by hand or on a mandolin and they will cook more evenly.
- Cook the diced pancetta until crispy, set aside on a paper towel.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter and add onions and garlic, sweat without colour.
- Add in the sprouts and pancetta, cook over medium heat until the sprouts are tender. Add in cream and season.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat, season the snapper and place skin side down in the pan. Cook until 2/3rds cooked and golden in colour, turn over and cook for a further 1-minute.
- Place the sprouts under the snapper and garnish with pea shoots.