Crispy skin snapper, mango, lime and red chilli matched with the Kumeu River Pinot Gris 2011
Ingredients - Serves Two
1x 160g fillet snapper
1 red chilli
Tbsp. olive oil
Tobasco if needed
Get the guy who you buy your fish off to do all the dirty work for you, including the pin boning if they can. Score the skin deeply about 5mm apart for extra crispy skin.
- Peel and dice the mango and 5mm squares. Fine dice the chilli, place into a bowl and combine with the zest and juice of the lime.
- Place coriander seeds into a pepper grinder, grind over salsa to taste.
- Place the mango off cuts with a little olive oil into a container and blitz or crush into a puree. Add the puree to the dice mix and add a dash of tobasco if the salsa is not hot enough.
- Score and salt the skin of the snapper.
- Heat a nonstick pan over high heat, add in olive oil and pan fry on the skin side until ¾ cooked, this will give a nice golden colour. Turnover and cook through.
- Place a little salsa under the fish, serve snapper skin side up, place more mango salsa on top and garnish with fresh coriander and crispy shallots