Pancetta wrapped prawns with garlic aioli matched with Villa Maria Private Bin Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 10 Whole Prawn tails, de-shelled and deveined
- 10 Pancetta slices
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Canola oil
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- Parsley leaves to garnish
- Smoked Paprika
These are great for dinner or for a canapé party. When you are frying them keep the bacon seam down first and seal that part by cooking it, then it will hold together and not unravel.
- Wrap each prawn with one slice of pancetta. Place on the join in the refrigerator whilst you make the aioli.
- Place the garlic and canola oil in a small pot, cook over low heat until the garlic is cooked. Cool down and then add to the mayonnaise.
- Season and pan-fry the prawns join side until golden in colour. Turn over and repeat.
- Pipe a line of mayonnaise down the center of the plate.
- Place the prawns over and garnish with parsley and paprika.