Pan fried snapper with Mussel Cream Sauce matched with Crossroads Winemaker's Collection chardonnay 2014
Ingredients - serves two
- 2 x 150g skin on fillets of Snapper
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup leek, sliced
- 15 mussels, cooked and cut in half
- 150ml fish or mussel stock
- 150ml cream
- fresh chives
- fresh basil
Don’t boil the mussels to hard in the stock when they are cooking in the sauce otherwise they will toughen, clams would be a nice substitute if you didn't want to use mussels.
- Start by beginning to pan fry the snapper medium heat skin side down in a pan with a little olive oil.
- In a separate pan slowly sweat down the garlic, shallot and leek, add the mussel stock and reduce by half, then add the cream and let reduce to thicken, finally the mussels to warm through.
- Finish with lemon juice, chives and fresh basil.
- Once the skin is crispy on the snapper, approx. 4-5 minutes turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes then remove and place on a plate.
- Pour the mussel sacue over the to and finish with more fresh basil.