Kingfish tartar with grapefruit, cornichon and lime matched with Crossroads Milestone Series Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- 200g Kingfish, diced
- 1 Grapefruit, segmented and juice
- ½ Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Shallot, fine diced
- 6 Cornichons, diced
- Sea salt
- Micro coriander
The flavor here comes from the amount of lime and also the acid from the cornichons, so if you need to add more do so. Trevally would be a good substitute if you can't get Kingfish.
- Combine in a small bowl the kingfish, grapefruit, shallot and cornichon.
- Fold gently through then season well with the lime juice and sea salt.
- Arrange neatly on a small plate and garnish with coriander.