Grilled chicken, pear and goats cheese salad matched with Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Gris 2014
Ingredients - Serves two
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Pear, finely sliced
- ½ cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1 stick Celery and leaves, fine sliced
- ½ cup Red grapes
- 2 tsp. goats cheese, crumbled
- Baby gem lettuce leaves
- Sea salt
- 25ml Chardonnay vinegar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
If the dressing is seasoned nicely then you shouldn't need extra salt once you have dressed the salad. I like to serve on a flat style plate as it helps with presentation.
- Season the chicken breast with sea salt then grill until cooked through, should take 10-12 minutes. Rest on the side.
- For the vinaigrette combine the EVOO and vinegar in a bottle and shake well, season with sea salt.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce leaves, celery, walnuts, pear, and red grapes. Mix lightly and the dress with classic vinaigrette then lay out nicely on a plate.
- Slice the chicken and arrange around then sprinkle with goats cheese.