Warm Salmon salad with asparagus and lemon mayonnaise matched with Villa Maria Prive Bin Chardonnay 2013
Ingredients - serves two
- 2 x 150g skinless Salmon pieces
- 10 Asparagus spears
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- ½ Lemon juice
- 60g Mayonnaise
- black pepper
- Handful Watercress
Cooking the salmon this way is a lovely way to keep it moist and allow it to cook through slowly, it will then flake beautifully. The black pepper really helps with the wine match which is why I am generous with it on this dish.
- In a large pan cook the salmon by frying in the olive oil for about 2 minutes each side, then remove the pan off the heat and leave to cool with the salmon still in it.
- Blanch the asparagus in salted water for 3 minutes until tender.
- Mix the mayonnaise lemon juice until nice and tart.
- To plate flake the salmon into pieces and lay on the plate, then add the asparagus. Grind black pepper generously over the top then add the watercress and finally the mayonnaise.