Grilled lamb cutlets with sumac and pomegranate matched with Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Noir 2013
Ingredients - SERVES TWO
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground
- 1 tsp Coriander seed, ground
- 2 Tbsp. Pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. Cabernet vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs thyme, finely, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Coriander
- 100ml natural Yoghurt
Such an easy dish but a great one to serve family style, lamb chops could easily be substituted for the cutlets.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, add in the marinade the lamb cutlets for at least 2 hours or overnight is even better.
- Grill the lamb cutlets on a grill plate or on the bbq if you prefer, cook for 2-3 minutes each side until medium rare.
- Lay the lamb cutlets on a board then add fresh coriander and mint, the pour yoghurt around. Finish with fresh pomegranate seeds and sea salt