Kingfish cerviche lettuce cups, avocado and chilli matched with Villa Maria Private Bin Sauvignon Blanc 2014
Ingredients - SERVES TWO
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 400g Kingfish or snapper
- 2 Limes juiced and zested
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 red chilli
- ½ Red pepper
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- Sea salt
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- Chilli flakes
Cerviche is a light style of dish but the flavours should pack a good punch, if your limes lack flavor add more, the same with the chilli, if they are extra hot use less. Iceberg lettuce could also be substituted for the baby gem.
- Slice and marinate the kingfish in lime juice and sea salt, mix well and leave in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Dice the avocado, chilli and red pepper then mix through the fish, fold through coconut milk and extra lime juice and zest. Season to taste.
- Lay out the lettuce on a plate and place a generous amount of the cerviche in each one.
- Garnish with a light sprinkling of chilli flakes and micro coriander.